Hi,

In our lab we have background on both instruments, 2 Biorad and 2
Aktas. We got problems on both, minor ones on Aktas, major ones on
Biorads, with expensive fixing on Aktas and cheaper fixings on
Biorads, but efficient fixing on Aktas and unsolved problems on
Biorads. Actually, first Biorad was trashed, second one is a wheezing
old man and Aktas are running like Swiss clocks.
It may be important to note that the Biorads are older than Aktas.

Summary of OUR background: Biorad is cheaper (buying and maintenance)
but have low reliability.

Michel.