From: CCP4 bulletin board on behalf of Ethan Merritt
Sent: Fri 8/10/2007 11:20 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] SAD: Refine against anomalous data

On Friday 10 August 2007 04:53, Clemens Vonrhein wrote:
> It should be trivial to put this into REFMAC too
> (Garib!): just add cards like
>
>   FPRIme <atom-type> <f'-value>
>
> so that a user can do
>
>   FPRIme Se -4.5
>
> REFMAC then corrects C by the difference f'(CuKa)-(-4.5) (after
> reading the f'(CuKa) from atomsf.lib).
>
> And suddenly all those partially substituted Se-MET are becoming 100%
> substituted again ... a kind of 'in-silico expression system'.

I heartily endorse this suggestion.
I have been wanting a way to instruct refmac to accept a user-defined
f' term since about forever.

Failing that, it would be nice if the ccp4i interface to refmac had
a slot for specifying an alternative ATOMSF file.  As it is one has
to edit the command script by hand in order to change ATOMSF.

A follow-on request is that the entire scattering factor table,
including such user-specified values, be dumped in the output
cif and pdb files.

--
Ethan A Merritt            Courier Deliveries: 1959 NE Pacific
Dept of Biochemistry