Hi,

I'd like to find out how successful the "quick soak" method for heavy atom derivatisation proposed by Radaev and Sun:

Sun PD, Radaev S, Kattah M. Generating isomorphous heavy-atom derivatives by a quick-soak method. Part I: test cases. Acta Cryst. 2002. D58:1092-1098.

has been in comparison to the "classical" method of longer soaks at low concentrations of heavy atom compound. The method was quite successful in our hands a few years ago but (fortunately?) it's becoming increasingly rare that we use heavy atoms. I understand that evidence will necessarily be anecdotal, but let's not let that stop us.

Derek
--
Derek Logan             tel: +46 46 222 1443
Associate professor     fax: +46 46 222 4692