Dear Jason,
you will have to include the planarity either by introducing torsion restraints for the specified bonds, or by using the plane definition. Pls. be aware that in the current refmac versions the plane definitions will be used with a fixed sigma, i.e. the value of the dictionary is not used. For the torsion restraints you will have to include them explicitly in the input, check the earlier posting on torsion restraints.

Garib kindly made an experimental version of refmac which allows easier inclusion of torsions from the dictionary AND the inclusion of the sigmas for the plane definitions (One sigma for each plane group, taken from the first atom in the group in the dictionary).

see for linux binaries:
http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/refmac/data/refmac5.4_linintel.tar
http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/refmac/data/refmac_news.html

Hope that helps,
Eckhard

Jason Greenwald schrieb:
Dear all,
How does one tell Refmac that the bond between two non-amino-acid monomers should be planar (in the case that this bond is an amide)? My ligand has amino-acid and non-animo-acid constituents that are connected via amides. I have made library definitions for all of the non-standard parts and Refmac accepts these and makes the bonds between the various monomers in the ligand.... but treats them as single bonds and therefore fully rotatable.

Cheers.
Jason

--
Eckhard Hofmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>