Are you expressing a eukaryotic protein?  If so, you might want to
check for rare codons. There are a number of websites where you can
put in your coding sequence and check. I recently had this issue and
it turned out to be incomplete/stalled translation rather than
proteolysis as I had several rare codons in succession.  You can
circumvent this by adding an antibiotic selectable plasmids encoding
the rare tRNAs.
Good luck
Eric

--