If you don't put INSCALE OFF, the scales will be applied a second time & you will get (much) worse data

I didn't know anyone was doing this

You should get the same statistics (Rmerge etc) if you reinput an OUTPUT UNMERGED file with ONLYMERGE; INSCALE OFF

Oh wait, I use "RESTORE <SCALES>" with "ONLYMERGE", which is, I think, different to what you ask. Certainly the statistics are the same -- except intensity-based tables, mind you. Embarrassing, I never even checked.

I'll look into how complicated it would be to write both files (but if you have eg multi-wavelength you might get a lot of files out :-( )
Good! Saves me having to run a lot of scala jobs. Just about every phasing program suite uses unmerged data somewhere along the line (correct me if I'm wrong), so you may as well generate it.

phx.