There are strains designed to provide a less-reducing (more oxidizing) environment (Origami or any of it is "gami" derivatives from Novagen).

They are deficient in the thioredoxin and glutathione reductases (I think I recall...I didn't look it back up).

We've used them with good success for some disulfide requiring proteins. However, they grow slowly and can be sickly-seeming and annoying to work with.

You also have the option of sending (or, attempting to send) your protein to the periplasm, which is a more oxidizing environment. The pelB leader is available in a variety of pET vectors. IBA markets several flavors of plasmid with the ompA leader sequence. There are versions of the MBP that still contain its leader sequence, and the DsbC and DsbA fusions (available on pET vectors) are designed for periplasmic export.

We've made our own version of a pET plasmid with the OmpA leader sequence and have used it to export toxic proteins (including a nuclease) to the periplasm. Generally, I've found the OmpA leader to be better than the pelB leader at getting proteins to the periplasm.

Best of luck,

Cynthia