Kornelius,

have a look at the following paper:

Yeh AP, McMillan A, Stowell MH. <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16552147?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum> <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16552147?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum> Rapid and simple protein-stability screens: application to membrane proteins. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2006 Apr;62(Pt 4):451-7. Epub 2006 Mar 18.

- J. -

Kornelius Zeth wrote:
Dear all,

a question very related to the discussion before. I have been reading the papers about the thermofluor experiment with great interest.
I wonder what people think about the underlying principles/ideas and the
success that the method yielded in their own labs for crystallization or
related purposes?

Has anybody used this method with membrane proteins in order to find out the
stability of the protein in the presence of a second detergent?

Is the method limited to this certain dye (sypro orange)?

Have a nice day

Kornelius

P.S.: I will make a summary of all opinions.

 Kornelius Zeth
 Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology
 Dept. Protein Evolution
 Spemannstr. 35
 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Tel -49 7071 601 323
 Fax -49 7071 601 349

--
Jeroen Raymundus Mesters, Ph.D.
Institut fuer Biochemie, Universitaet zu Luebeck