Hi Kendall,

in cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) in complex with the bisindolyl maleimide
inhibitor BIM-2, two conformations of the inhibitor are seen in the two kinase
molecules of the asymmetric unit.

Gassel M, Breitenlechner CB, König N, Huber R, Engh RA, Bossemeyer D.
The protein kinase C inhibitor bisindolyl maleimide 2 binds with reversed
orientations to different conformations of protein kinase A.
J Biol Chem. 2004 May 28;279(22):23679-90. Epub 2004 Mar 1.

we only saw one conformation of the same inhibitor in complex with PDK1.

Komander D, Kular GS, Schüttelkopf AW, Deak M, Prakash KR, Bain J, Elliott M,
Garrido-Franco M, Kozikowski AP, Alessi DR, van Aalten DM.
Interactions of LY333531 and other bisindolyl maleimide inhibitors with PDK1.
Structure. 2004 Feb;12(2):215-26.

HTH
david

David Komander, PhD                Beit Memorial Fellow
Section of Structural Biology
Chester Beatty Laboratories
The Institute of Cancer Research
237 Fulham Road