Kendall,

The story has been published.  The lead paper is here:

Norman, B. H.; Dodge, J. A.; Richardson, T. I.; Borromeo, P. S.; Lugar, C.
W.; Jones, S. A.; Chen, K.; Wang, Y.; Durst, G. L.; Barr, R. J.;
Montrose-Rafizadeh, C.; Osborne, H. E.; Amos, R. M.; Guo, S.; Boodhoo, A.;
Krishnan, V.;  "Benzopyrans Are Selective Estrogen Receptor Agonists with
Novel Activity in Models of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia," J. Med. Chem.;
(Letter); 49(21): 6155-6157 (2006).

Other papers in this series are:

Richardson TI, Norman BH, Lugar CW, Jones SA, Wang Y, Durbin JD, Krishnan
V, Dodge JA. ?Benzopyrans as selective estrogen receptor beta agonists
(SERBAs). Part 2: structure-activity relationship studies on the
benzopyran scaffold,? Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2007 Jul 1;17(13):3570-4.
(2007).
Richardson TI, Dodge JA, Durst GL, Pfeifer LA, Shah J, Wang Y, Durbin JD,
Krishnan V, Norman BH. ?Benzopyrans as selective estrogen receptor beta
agonists (SERBAs). Part 3: Synthesis of cyclopentanone and cyclohexanone
intermediates for C-ring modification,? Bioorg Med Chem Lett. Jun 20,
Epub. (2007).
Norman BH, Richardson TI, Dodge JA, Pfeifer LA, Durst GL, Wang Y, Durbin
JD, Krishnan V, Dinn SR, Liu S, Reilly JE, Ryter KT. ?Benzopyrans as
selective estrogen receptor beta agonists (SERBAs). Part 4:
Functionalization of the benzopyran A-ring,? Bioorg Med Chem Lett. Jul 13,
Epub. (2007)

Let me know if you have any question.

Yong

Yong Wang, Ph.D.
Macromolecular Crystallography
Eli Lilly and Company, DC 0403
Lilly Corporate Center
Indianapolis, IN 46285
Tel: (317) 655-9145  Fax: (317) 276-9722
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kendall Nettles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
02/18/2008 09:09 PM
Please respond to
Kendall Nettles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
cc

Subject
Re: [ccp4bb] References for ligand flipping

Jon, I have not had any replies. I did hear a talk at an American Chemical
Society meeting on a ligand flipping between the two estrogen receptor
subtypes, but it hasn?t been published from what I can tell. Here?s a link
to the abstract.

membership.acs.org/C/COMP/pastprograms/Fall06abstracts.pdf

Kendall