If you really tried all sorts of buffers (did you go to extreme pH-values, very high salt concentrations, tried various additives (beta-ME, glycerol,...), different salts)
you can still
- try another expression system (insect cells, mammalian)
- see if any modifications might be useful
- try restricted proteolysis - well, you need a little bit of purified protein for this, but it might be the most promising - guesstimate a proper subclone from secondary structure prediction of your protein.

Tim

--
Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie