I am not a big fan of sonication. Try changing your way of disrupting the
cells.

I have compared sonication vs mechanical stress on several unrelated proteins,
and for me a good old french press wins every time. If you want to get all
modern and fancy, a cell disruptor gives similar results.

Cheers,

Mads Gabrielsen