POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN PROTEIN CRYSTALLOGRAPHY

The objective of our program is to determine the atomic structures of key
proteins in the muscle machine in different physiological states. Our goals
are to understand the molecular basis of motor activity in the myosin
molecule and its Ca2+ control by the troponin/tropomyosin complex bound to
actin. Strong collaborative support is available in the molecular biology
and biochemistry of these systems.  This research effort is one of a number
of programs in the Structural Biology Laboratory at Brandeis. Interested
candidates with a good background in protein crystallography should send a
letter and CV, together with names, addresses and telephone numbers of three
scientists from whom letters of recommendation can be obtained to:

Prof. Carolyn Cohen
Laboratory of Structural Biology
Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center
Brandeis University, MS029
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
Tel: 781-736-2446