Hi,

I have a question with B-factor and TLS refinement.  My protein diffracts
only to modest/low resolutions (3.4 A). I've been refining isotropic
B-factors for main chain and side chain (not individual atoms) because I'm
worried at this resolution I don't have enough observations to justify
individual B-factor refinement.

First question:  Is this a good assumption on my part, or should I try
refining individual B-factors and look at how R/Rfree behaves?  I just don't
want to be over-refining my structure.

Second question:  Can I do TLS refinement at low resolution when B-factors
are only refined for main chain and side chain?  I would imagine that I need
to be refining individual B-factors.

Third question:  Is it justified for me to be doing TLS refinement at these
resolutions?

Thanks

Alexei