Ji,

probably the oil doesn't work and the glycerol gets you into problems with phase separation in 2.5 M AmS I recommend sucrose or other sugars with AmS - 20-22% (w/vol) should do and you get no phase separation At the same time you may need to increase the AmS considerably - often the protein solubility in AmS increases significantly in the presence of cosolvents. I have previously had success with crystals grown in 1.9 M AmS, that were cryoprotected by gradual transfer to 2.6 M AmS/20% sucrose. The drops were then equilibrated against 3.5M AmS for a couple of hours (dehydration) - without the final step in place (dehydration) the crystal diffraction would be anisotropic at 3.5 Å resolution rather than isotropic at 2.7 Å which was also the full potential revealed from capillary-mounted crystals.

Poul