Hi,

I have a very good native data set. However, the selenomethionyl crystal has a different space group and always suffers from radiation damage. A three-wavelength data set was still collected, and after phasing in SHARP, some features can be seen but the map is not good enough for tracing. Then I did some heavy atom soaking with the native crystals and collected data at home, however, the crystal was again converted into the same space group as the selenomethionyl crystal. At lease 4 Hg sites can be found both by isomorphous difference Fourier calculated using the partial Se-MAD phase and by isomorphous difference Patterson, suggesting they should be real. Now with these information, what's the best way to do the phasing in SHARP, or in some other programs?

I hope I have made myself clear; and I would like to supply more details. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Junyu

==============================
Junyu Xiao