From: "Juergen Bosch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 6:35:24 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] co-crystallization

The Km changes with your reservoir, so predictions are limited. In general if
you have a low Km this is favourable but not a given that your ligand will be
found in the electron density map. As a starting point try a molar ratio of >3
of the ligand to your protein and you can go as high as you want (assuming it's
soluble and does not cost you an arm and a leg). 50 fold excess has been used
in some cases. And remember for your cryo-step to include your ligand in
sufficient amounts !

Jürgen