as a small variation on this, I would first "finish" the protein, and then include ligands, working from larger to smaller (ATP => citrate => glycerol => sulphates => waters). Sometimes several waters (from automated solvent building) in place of a bona fide ligand (or a glycerol for example) refine eerily well and give reasonable maps...

Mark J. van Raaij
Dpto de BioquĂ­mica, Facultad de Farmacia
Universidad de Santiago
15782 Santiago de Compostela
Spain
http://web.usc.es/~vanraaij/