I hacked up a little program to do composite omit maps a couple of years back. The purpose of the program was to try out an idea I had - an ML-omit map based on real space restraints on the rest of the density, using the same mathematics as is used for statistical density modification. This turned out to have no benefit that I could identify.

However the code also implements simple and sigmaa omit maps for comparison. Using the new version of clipper (either 2.0.9 in CCP4 6.1, or 2.1) it could also be easily updated to produce MLHL composite omit maps to incorporate experimental phase information.

If anyone wants to pick it up and develop it further, please feel free. I'd be particularly interested if anyone can find a case where the 'pirate' omit map gives any significant benefit.
http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~cowtan/ftp/brigantine-src.tgz

Kevin

Roberto Steiner wrote:
There used to be a program called OMIT in CCP4. Seems to be still supported.
I believe I used it years ago but I vaguely remember problems with some space groups (might be wrong though...)
Regards,
Roberto