Hi Sheemel,
I assume you are waiting for today's announcements of the i7 core MacPro's ? If not wait another 6 hours before deciding to buy something.

Jürgen

On 6 Jan 2009, at 06:27, Sheemei wrote:

Dear all,
I am thinking of getting a apple Mac pro desktop computer. I was wondering does all crystallography programs run on it? I think there are Mac OSX version of CCP4, CNS, SHELX etc. But how about programs in the Uppsala software factory etc?. Also is it difficult to install these programs - are there problems? Is linux still a safer choice?

sheemei

-
Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, W8708
615 North Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21205
Phone: +1-410-614-4742