> I've heard anecdotal evidence that VMWare Fusion is better,
> but I've only used the Linux version.

As a heavy user of both products under Mac OS X on an eight-core Mac
Pro, I find VMWare to be far more robust and feature rich than
Parallels.  Regardless, only Parallels supports 3D OpenGL acceleration
(Windows only).

Accordingly, I use Parallels on the desktop (only) and VMWare everywhere
else.

Cheers,
Warren