On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Anastassis Perrakis <a.perra...@nki.nl>wrote:

> Dear all,
>  I was wondering what is the state of the art for this old dark art ... are
> there any good servers / programs that allow to easily upload your own
> sequence alignments or create a 'transparent' alignment (I want to see the
> alignment first and not a total black box) and then allow you to write out
> sequence conservation based either on identity or in e.g a Dayhoff matrix on
> the B factor column for displaying it later in eg Pymol?
>
> To be clear I do not want a structural alignment, but mapping sequence
> alignment of eg a family to a single structure of a family member.

ConSurf!  You can submit your own Clustal alignment (the MSA program MUSCLE
will also generate this file format).  However, I was never able to
visualize the PDB files it generates very well in PyMOL; I ended up
extracting a different, simpler type of score (integers 1-9) from the
results and applying that to the B-factor column instead of the score
ConSurf writes.