From: Nave, C (Colin) [mailto:colin.n...@diamond.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 4:44 PM
To: Sanishvili, Ruslan; CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: RE: [ccp4bb] How small is a microbeam?

Hi
Yes good data with a micron size beam but, in this case, the path length
was 20- 30 micron.

I presume one would like a complete data set rather than a single or a
few processable images. If the latter, then in principle anything is
possible provided background is minimised and a low dose approach is
taken - as for single particle cryo electron microscopy.

I presume how to do all this will be one of the issues to be discussed
at the workshop (which I am looking forward to).

Regards
   Colin