Warren: why should a 120 Hz LCD monitor with the nVidia USB
emitter/glasses require a Quadro card? The system requirements for
GeForce 3D Vision on Windows lists many GeForce cards as being
supported:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Requirements.html

GeForce GTX 200 series

Geforce 9 series

Geforce 8 series

I should think it unlikely that the hardware requirements under Linux or
MacOS would differ drastically, if and when those OSes are covered by a
driver.

-
You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people
thinking that you're a fool. - Wonko the Sane
                               David J. Schuller
                               modern man in a post-modern world
                               MacCHESS, Cornell University
                               schul...@cornell.edu