From: CCP4 bulletin board on behalf of Jacob Keller
Sent: Tue 7/7/2009 1:01 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Lipid content/removal

Dear Crystallographers,

does anybody know of a simple, fast way to determine whether a protein
sample contains lipid, and roughly to determine the quantity? As corollary,
does anybody know of a quick way to extract/remove the putative lipid? In my
case, I am working with an extremely robust/stable soluble protein which may
contain bacterial lipids.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jacob Keller

Jacob Pearson Keller