Dear Justin

I have been unable to reproduce either of these problems. Perhaps
something went wrong during the self compilation process? Something odd
seems to have gone on even in the logfiles you classify as good. For
example, in

http://dev.gentooexperimental.org/~jlec/paste/good.log.html

there are nan's in the L test data and the cumulative intensity
distribution, and the acentric moments of E all seem to be exactly 1.

Note that if your input mtz file contains anomalous data, you will get
different results depending on whether or not you specify '-colano'. If
you do specify it, F(+) and F(-) will be calculated from I(+) and I(-)
respectively, and FMEAN will be calculated from FMEAN = 0.5*[F(+) +
F(-)]; if you don't FMEAN will be calculated from IMEAN.

You can download a linux binary for the latest ctruncate (including the
patch) from

ftp://ftp.ccp4.ac.uk/nds/bin/ctruncate

Best wishes

Norman