My 2 cents:

Cent #1 "But they are slightly different ( may be 50 ev) in different
papers." This statement itself contains the answer - always scan, but it
was already suggested by many. I'd like to get to slightly different
issue here. No oxidation or any other interaction in protein crystals
moves the Se edge 50 ev from its theoretical value. It is obvious that
in that particular experiment the monochromator was not calibrated
properly. Ethan already touched on this but I wanted to emphasize again:
when a scan identifies the edge to be way out of reasonable, the
beamline support staff should be asked to check the monochromator
calibration before publishing such exotic results.

On our beamlines at GM/CA-CAT at APS, we do calibration at the start of
each user group. It's easy, fast, and Se edges from sample to sample,
project to project, user to user, are remarkably stable.

Cent #2 Often orientation of your sample crystal has far greater effect
on the way your scan as well as f' and f" curves look than oxidation or
other issues in the protein molecule. Check out Bricogne's publications
few years back.

Cheers,

Nukri

Ruslan Sanishvili (Nukri), Ph.D.