Dear Sir,

Thank you all who have replied. I jast want to enquire that if there is any
option in coot to introduce the OH bond with Cys residue as well as to
introduce the secondary peptide like bond between carboxylic carbon with amino
group of lys.

Sincerely

Debajyoti Dutta

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:58:44 +0530  wrote

Dear Debajyoti

There is also the sulfenic acid species (-S-OH) which is actually

the first oxidized form of sulfhydryls on the way to sulfonic acid. However

sulfenic acids are very susceptible to further oxidation to sulfinic and
sulphonic

acids, and therefore need a protective chemical environment to remain stable.

See for example some previous work of ours on sulfenic and

sulfinic forms of active-site cysteines in glutathione reductase (Nature

Structure Biology vol 5, 267-271, 1998) and the corrresponding pdb entries 1dnc

and 1gsn.

Best regards

Savvas

----

Savvas Savvides

L-ProBE, Unit for Structural Biology

Ghent University

K.L. Ledeganckstraat 35

9000 Ghent, BELGIUM

office: +32-(0)9-264.51.24 ; mobile: +32-(0)472-92.85.19

Email: savvas.savvi...@ugent.be

http://www.lprobe.ugent.be/xray.html