From: CCP4 bulletin board on behalf of na...@icb.ufmg.br
Sent: Wed 9/9/2009 8:48 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Off topic: Purification steps

Dear CCP4bb users (this is an off-topic question),

We have a few proteins being expressed as HIS-TAG_(TEV_cleavage_site)_PROTEIN
and we are about to initiate the purification steps.

We have already used the HiTrap-Chelating columns from GE for the first
purification step (affinity chromatography) and we would like to move forward
with TEV digestion and a second purification step.

We know these following steps are very protein-dependent, but we were wondering
one could share his/her experience in the following steps: removal of imidazole,
cleavage protocol and cleavage identification, second chromatography, etc.

Any experience would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ronaldo.