Hi Ivan-
Since you most likely have the data to back it up and I assume you have the
computational firepower to do it, why don't you run a full matrix refinement
in SHELX to get estimates of bond lengths and their deviations? It's worked
for me in calculating carboxylate C=O bond lengths to determine charged vs.
uncharged Asp residues.

Best-
Brad