I had exactly the same problem. You should switch to Talon matrix (Clontech). The cobalt ion is bound more tightly so stripping is dramatically reduced. Furthermore, the Talon matrix is more specific (then Ni Sepharose) for your His-tagged protein, so you have less contaminants. I load two to three liters of culture medium directly on a 20 mL Talon column. This works very good in my hands.

Good luck,
Kenneth

Oganesyan, Vaheh schreef:
Dear All,
When mammalian cell culture is being loaded to GE HisTrap resin Ni ions are being stripped off the resin, at least in my hands. Did any of you have similar experience and if so what kind of work-around was found?
Volume is fairly large (3L) and concentration/dialysis have proven to cause
loss of desired protein.
Please share your positive experience.
Thank you for your time. Vaheh

To the extent this electronic communication or any of its attachments contain
information that is not in the public domain, such information is considered by
MedImmune to be confidential and proprietary.  This communication is expected
to be read and/or used only by the individual(s) for whom it is intended.  If
you have received this electronic communication in error, please reply to the
sender advising of the error in transmission and delete the original message
and any accompanying documents from your system immediately, without copying,
reviewing or otherwise using them for any purpose.  Thank you for your
cooperation.