Dear Umar,

 It's probably not local flexibility or the interaction with other molecules,
such as DNA, that prevents your protein from crystallising but an unfavourable
enthalpy/entropy balance of long side chains which are potentially restricted
by forming crystal contacts. Mutation of these to small, low-entropy residues
such as alanine might help. Have a look at the "surface entropy reduction
prediction server" for example (http://nihserver.mbi.ucla.edu/SER/intro.php)
and see if this could be helpful in your case.

Cheers and good luck,

 Uli Gohlke

dr ulrich gohlke

staff scientist - macromolecular structure and interaction

max-delbrück-centre for molecular medicine (mdc)

+49 30 9406 - 2725 (w)

+49 30 9406 - 2548 (fax)

ulrich.goh...@mdc-berlin.de

http://www.mdc-berlin.de/en/research/research_teams/macromolecular_structure_and_interaction/