also try MOLREP (CCP4i) - we had a case where AMORE and PHASER did not work (in our hands), but MOLREP did, using the internal MOLREP sequence alignment/unequal amino acid trimming feature. This was a case of a P1 cell with 12 copies of the same molecule, 2.3A resolution, not very high-quality data, see J Virol. 2008 November; 82(22): 11208–11216.

Mark J. van Raaij
Dpto de Bioquímica, Facultad de Farmacia
Universidad de Santiago
15782 Santiago de Compostela
Spain
http://web.usc.es/~vanraaij/