A number of years ago - we were asked to setup an ftp site a particular reviewer could see the coordinates... I could have looked at the logs to figure out where they were coming in from but chose not to. Some journals also allow the author to upload additional info - that would be available to the reviewer - but not included in the publication (I think Biochemistry is one of them)... Authors could then upload SF's and coordinates... If the reviewer wants to look - he/she then has the option - while still maintaining the anonymity of the review process...

Ezra