The glasses are not compatible.  I tested swapping glasses while keeping
the emitter unchanged and it did not work.

Yong

"David J. Schuller" <dj...@cornell.edu>
Sent by: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
12/17/2009 05:25 PM
Please respond to
schul...@cornell.edu

CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
cc

Subject
Re: [ccp4bb] [COOT] 120hz LCDs and coot stereo

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 13:51 -0800, kai...@caltech.edu wrote:
> On this note,
>   I recently bought a viewsonic 120hz LCD (VX2265wm)  in the naïve
believe it should work as it has the right refresh rate. I tried to run it
with the normal setup, quadro with emitter via DIN, nuVision glasses,
Linux. Here's the problem: I have stereo in the top and the bottom but not
in the middle of the screen. The image is stable (no flickering or moving
of the part that shows stereo). It seems that I got the right refresh rate
(any way to check that?), but I don't understand at all what's going on.
>   Any clues?
>
> Jens

That monitor appears on the supported displays list:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Requirements.html

So the problem could be one (or more) of two things:

1) The glasses may be incompatible. You could try it out with the nVidia
glasses.

2) The Linux driver may not be working properly yet.

BTW, I see that some 1920x1080 monitors are listed on the above page,
and should be available in January or so.

You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people
thinking that you're a fool. - Wonko the Sane
                               David J. Schuller
                               modern man in a post-modern world
                               MacCHESS, Cornell University
                               schul...@cornell.edu