From: Katja Schleider <katjaschlei...@yahoo.de>
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] PDB Validation Report

Dear all,

I just finished my first protein structure. More or less. I'm using right now the pdb validation server to check the data and the data look quite well. The only point
irretating is following line in the Adit Validation Report:

The following residues have unexpected configuration of the
chiral center using C(i) - N(i) - Ca(i) - Cb(i) chirality.

Residue Chain Sequence Improper Details
LYS A 470 22.18 Expecting L Found L OUTSIDE RANGE
I am not sure what this means and what I should do. What is outside the L range? I would be thankful for any advice.

Thanks,

Katja

Jasmine Young, Ph.D.
RCSB Protein Data Bank
Assistant Research Professor
Lead biocurator
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Rutgers The State University of New Jersey
610 Taylor Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8087
Email:+jas...@rcsb.rutgers.edu
Phone:+(732)445-0103+ext 231 Fax: (732)445-4320