Dear all,

I do have a question about comparing Rfree and Rwork factors of different
refinement trials whereas I always started with the same pdb file and structure
factors (phasing by MR).
Means I had a protein structure which was (not just by me) refined several
times in different ways also with different programs and also accordingly got
different R factors for each finally refined structure.
Could anyone suggest if there is something like a "standard run" which makes
all these R factors (or "derivatives" since this run should change the R
factors) better comparable?
(E.g. it did not work for me to do a 1 cycle rigid body refinement in refmac
hoping that the R factors are measured well and the structure does not change
much. In fact, the R factors increased dramatically, lets say Rfree from 30% to
40%.)

Many thanks for your suggestions!
Jan