1. look up Bacillus megaterium expression system (commercial, pretty
cheap & relatively easy). It's easier to use than some of the
integration-based B. subtilis systems. Or you could ask around for a
suitable B.sut. shuttle vector as an alternative.

2. Bacillus codon set is heavily biased towards AT-richness and even
in the codon+ may not be expressed well - there may also be mRNA
issues (stability). It's not hard to make synthetic genes these days -
if you're desperate to continue using E. coli for this work you can
make a synthetic codon-optimized version specific to the host.

Cheers,

Artem