Usual apologies for non-CCP4 question.

I have been working on two high resolution protein structures using Shelx for refinement.

I included idealised riding C-H and mainchain amide N-H hydrogens in the refinement. In the PDB output by Shelxl the hydrogen atom names for valine, threonine, isoleucine and leucine are truncated from four characters (in the .res) to three. This results in duplicate names for atoms in these residues which is causing difficulties in depositing the structures. Each structure has over 1000 residues in the asymmetric unit so manually altering the names without introducing other errors is difficult. Does anyone know of any workaround?

cheers
Alice

Alice Dawson

Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery