From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:ccp...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On Behalf Of
ANDY DODDS
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 12:22 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Ligand present in only one monomer in NCS

Hello,

I am solving a structure of an enzyme, which crystallises as a dimer.
We have pretty good evidence that this operates as a dimer in vitro,
also.  We have an inhibitor of this enzyme, which we are keen to
visualise by X-ray methods.
We seem to have very strong density in which we can model our inhibitor,
with good stats and no negative density.  However, there is only density
in one of the monomers, nothing in the other.  The SG is P212121, and
although I can postulate why this may have happened (if this is indeed
what HAS happened), different solvent channel accessibility etc., I
would like to know how common this was and, if possible, some literature
regarding this, if the board would be so kind?

Regards,

Andrew.