Dear All,

I am looking for a ccp4 program that reads in cif-files and converts them into
pdb-files, including the CRYST1 card. Can anybody suggest a solution? I didn't
find any in ccp4i, e.g. the coordinate utilities.

I also tried COOT to read in cif-files (downloaded from the pdb server). For
one example it crashed, for others it doesn't colour the bonds properly if
"Bonds (Colour by Atom)"  is chosen but shows all bonds in one colour. Is that
a known feature? If I save these coordinates in pdb-format and try to read it
back, I get an ERROR saying: "Wrong ASCII format of an integer".

Thanks for any suggestions
Christian Engel

        Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards / Cordialement

        Dr. Christian Engel

        Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH
        R&D CAS Structural Biology FFM
        Industriepark Hoechst
        Bldg. G877, Room 020
        D-65926 Frankfurt am Main
        t: +49 69 305 12946
        f: +49 69 305 80169
        w:www.sanofi-aventis.de

        125 Jahre Arzneimittel aus Deutschland von sanofi-aventis

        Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH ·  Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am
Main · Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, Abt. B Nr. 40661
        Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hanspeter Spek - Geschäftsführer: Dr.
Martin Siewert (Vorsitzender), Ulf Bialojahn, Dr. Matthias Braun,
        Peter Guenter, Prof. Dr. Dr. Werner Kramer, Dr. Klaus Menken, Dr. Heinz
Riederer