Dear Xinghua,

the solvent content provided by yhe Matthews-program is certainly correct.
Whether or not it applies to you protein is a different issue. With only 2
molecules in the asymmetric unit the solvent content rises to 65%, and this is
stll perfectly fine for proteins. So carry out molecular replacement with only
two molecules and start model building and refinement.

Your previous message sounds as though to started refinement directly after
molecular replacement. I would strongly discourage you from this practice (which
somehow seems to be stuck in the heads of many people). After molecular
replacement you should check the result with the model building program of your
choice and correct as many errors as possible before running a refinement
program.

Tim

Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie