Dear Xinghua,
Of course, you can have 2 molecules in the asu. However, if things don't
it is worth to double-check your space group or check for twinning.

Cheers
christian

xinghua qin wrote:
> hi CCPeers
>   The Matthews coefficient  of my protein is 3 calculated with
> matthews-cell content analysis CCP4 programe with  87% confidence , but
> when doing the refinement the third molecular couldn't get into the unit
> cell because of  too many clashes.Deletion of the clashed AA did not
> work well, Then I used two molecules in the unit cell, After refining
> with Refmac, I found that the R factor is 0.29, R free is 0.40.I believe
> the value can be better with the real space refinement.But the question
> is that can the calculated Matthews coefficient be wrong?
>
> Best regards
>
> Xinghua Qin
>
> --
> Xinghua Qin
> College of Biological Sciences
> No.2, Yuan Ming Yuan West Road
> Haidian District,Beijing,China,100094
> Tel: +86-10-62732672

Dr. Christian Biertümpfel
Laboratory of Molecular Biology

NIDDK/National Institutes of Health              phone: +1 301 402 4647
9000 Rockville Pike, Bldg. 5, Rm. B1-03          fax:   +1 301 496 0201
Bethesda, MD 20892-0580
USA