Hi Murugan,

One useful indicator of raw anomalous signal is the ANOMPLOT graph
from Scala - this shows the differences between reflections compared
with the expected differences. If the gradient of the plot is 1
there's no more differences that you would expect. If the gradient is
more than one there is (or may be.) - also check out the merging
statistics as a function of batch, if there's significant radiation
damage this may mess things up.

Scala writes out the gradient (assuming you told it anomalous on) in the summary

Another rule-of-thumb is the resolution limit where cc-anom is > 0.5.

The most practical indicator of the anomalous signal is of course the
success or failure of the subsequent phasing :o)

Best wishes,

Graeme