On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 09:30:30AM -0700, James Holton wrote:
> Answering the question "should I even bother trying?" can be
> complicated, [...]
>
> -James Holton
> MAD Scientist

Since 'trying' may only take a semi-experienced user about 30min until they
could have a poly-Alanine trace of their protein, I would say the answer is
definitely "Yes" irrespective of what statistics may tell you - unless you don't
have a protein in your crystal, but e.g.  DNA/ RNA...

Tim

> Vandu Murugan wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>    I have collected a 2.7 angstrom home source data with Cu-Kalpha
>> source for a protein with 6 cysteines, with a multiplicity of around
>> 23.  I need to know, is there any significant anamolous signal present
>> in the data set, since there is no good model for my protein.  Can any
>> one tell, which program to run, and what parameter to see?  Thanks in
>> advance.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Murugan

Tim Gruene