pine is quite handy if you can ssh to your email server (Brandeis allows
that, for instance).  Uses very little resources, fast, and poses zero
danger of ever executing a malicious code.  There is very little
functionality added in other email clients.  I don't use pine anymore,
but there is no need to give it bad name.  And you can use colors
a-la-matrix :)

--
Edwin Pozharski, PhD, Assistant Professor
University of Maryland, Baltimore