Hi.

We have been using His-Select Resin from Sigma in our lab for a number of
years now.  When we first bought the resin, I usually got much better purity
of His tagged proteins compared with regular Ni-NTA resin.  However, after
regenerating the resin several times, the level of purity seems to have
declined.  Has anyone else noticed this with His Select?  In general, could
someone suggest the typical "lifespan" of His Select or  Ni2+ resin in
general?  What about Glutathione resin?

I was also wondering if anyone had experience using cobalt resin?  What is
the binding capacity of cobalt compared to nickel, and is the selectivity
any better than either His-Select or regular Ni-NTA?  Also, is it possible
to just strip nickel off of the resin and then recharge it with cobalt?

Thanks,
Matt