Dear Jerry,

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Jerry McCully wrote:
> Dear All:
>
>      I am currently using autoBuster to refine my structure. I notice that
> autobuster generates a new column in the MTZ data file with the label of
> "FreeR_flag".
>
>     Because my MTZ file has already had the FreeRflag, I am wondering whether
> autoBuster generated a new set of Rfreeflags of just renamed the existing
> FreeRflags.
>
>      Can anyone give some comments?

Yes, it created a new column because the existing one has a label
different from the supported ones - see:

http://www.globalphasing.com/buster/manual/autobuster/manual/appendix1.html#SetvarParameter_ColumnName_FreeR_flag_allowed

What you could do is to add the following line to a ~/.autoBUSTER
file:

ColumnName_FreeR_flag_allowed=" I FreeR_flag| I FREE| I FreeRflag"

Or use this on the command-line:

  % refine ColumnName_FreeR_flag_allowed=" I FreeRflag" \
           -p some.pdb -m other.mtz ...

Both should work.

Alternatively you might want to use the more common (?) labels "FREE"
or "FreeR_flag" when you create your MTZ file.

Cheers

Clemens

PS: for BUSTER questions you can also use
buster-deve...@globalphasing.com

*
*  Global Phasing Ltd.
*  Sheraton House, Castle Park