Hi Hailiang,

phenix.refine does local real-space refinement indeed. Here are the details about the algorithm:

http://cci.lbl.gov/~afonine/rsr.pdf

Slide #10 shows how to use it. Although it works fine in its present shape, there are still some things that need to be improved and some limitations to remove (work in progress).

Pavel.

P.S.: Second reminder: there is PHENIX mailing list to use for PHENIX related questions.