Florian Schmitzberger wrote:
Dear All,

I am encountering a problem when using Parrot (for combined density modification and non crystallographic symmetry (NCS) averaging) in ccp4 6.1.13, run via ccp4i.

Parrot does not detect the (2-fold) NCS present among my heavy atom substructure with 20 seleniums (the pdb was output by Phaser-EP, single chain ID, and is read by Parrot from what I can tell). I have tried a to split the NCS related heavy atoms into separate chains, but Parrot does still not appear to detect any NCS (error message: WARNING: No NCS found from heavy atoms).

Can I try it?

The Professs program seems to detect the NCS readily. Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible to input externally determined NCS operators into Parrot.

Yup, you can, but you have to 'run and edit com file'.
 ncs-operator alpha,beta,gamma,x,y,z,x,y,z
First set of x,y,z are the centre of mass of the source molecule, second are the target molecule. This info is provided by recent versions of professs.

--
EMAIL DISCLAIMER http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm